||Finance Director Benelux
||Our client, is distributing chemical specialties company in the Benelux area. The company has a turnover of €150m and comprises of two legal entities (Belgium/The Netherlands). The main offices are in the Antwerp area, whilst the company also has offices in Rotterdam. The Benelux region has 130 employees. The company is part of a global player with annual revenues of more than 1 billion euros and operations worldwide. In order to strenghten the Management Team they are looking to recruit a Finance Director Benelux. The Finance Director Benelux reports to the European FD and works closely with the MD Benelux.
- Together with the Managing Director the Finance Director forms the senior management of the company and has a close working relationship with other senior managers of the company.
- The Finance Director reports to the Regional FD and will directly manage the financial department and local IT function (total 8 fte).
- The Finance Director provides leadership to the Finance and Accounting function in order to optimize the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- The primary role of the Finance Director is to drive the cycle of budgeting, monitoring, controlling and reporting on the financial area.
- The Finance Director monitors and fully controls the financial and liquidity position of the company.
- The Finance Director knows and understands the information needs of all internal and external stakeholders of the company and enables them, by providing accurate and up-to-date information, to guide and perform their tasks.
- The Finance Director has the sensitivity for and recognizes the risks of the company in the broadest sense of the word.
- Where it comes to finance and administration, the Finance Director has a direct operational role, leading a functional finance team.
- In other cases, the Finance Director has a signalling, monitoring and controlling role.
- Finally, the Finance Director also oversees the HR activities and leads the IT developments of the company, amongst others the transition to a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Candidates should be qualified accountant and/or have a master degree in business economics.
- At least 7-10 years of combined experience in a Big Four Accounting Firm and/or in Distribution working for an (international) group in a leadership role.
- The candidate can communicate (both written and spoken) perfectly in English at various levels, has experience with international financial transactions (transfer pricing, taxes, etc.) and strong analytical, report writing and communication skills.
- You will also enjoy problem solving and working under pressure.
- You must also be hands-on and resourceful and will be happy to get involved across the full spectrum of finance responsibilities leading a functional team.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast paced environment at a rapidly growing company.
- Strong knowledge of MS Dynamics AX and Microsoft Excel.