||Our client is a classical chemical trading company. Having started with one company, it soon developed into a prominent player in the field by responding to the need for modern and adequate distribution facilities and services. Autonomous growth in activities, product and service portfolio together with growth by strategic acquisitions have formed the company into a worldwide leading distributor in specialty chemicals and food ingredients. Today the company is an inspiring and dynamic but solid partner bringing innovative solutions for its partners and being the best route to markets for suppliers. Currently it operates in 17 countries. The company employs approximately 1200 employees and generates revenue in excess of 850 million euros. Currently they would like to strengthen their European Executive team by recruiting a CFO Europe. This incumbent will report to the Group CFO and will work closely with the CEO Europe overseeing the European region (700 FTE in 9 countries).
- The CFO Europe has overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the European distribution business.
- • The CFO Europe acts as a business- and sparring partner to the CEO Europe and provides day-to-day leadership to the finance teams, drives the implementation of standard processes and systems, partners with business leaders and supports decision making processes.
- The CFO Europe knows and understands the information needs of all internal and external stakeholders of the company and enables them, through the provision of accurate and up to date information, to perform their tasks.
- He/she has the sensitivity for and recognizes the risks of the company in the broadest sense of the word.
- The CFO Europe has a signaling, monitoring and controlling role.
- He/she also manages the IT developments of the European entities.
- He/she will have a Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and 15 yrs+ working experience of which 5 years at least as a Finance Director in an international environment.
- The CFO Europe will not only be an financially trained professional and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware.
- By establishing a high level of credibility and strong communication skills at all levels the CFO Europe builds strong working relationships.
- The CFO Europe has an ability to work in a fast-paced culture where multitasking and hands-on collaboration and communication are critical to success.
- He/she is energetic and highly motivated and able to cope with critical decision-making.
- The CFO Europe shows high integrity and commitment to good governance.
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and in writing
- Good knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX