||Manager Finance & Control
||Hotelschool The Hague
||Hotelschool The Hague was founded and funded in 1929 by the hospitality industry to create a hub where industry partners could gain and share new insights, skills and knowledge. Since then, it has become a professional operation with a solid international reputation in hospitality management. Though Hotelschool The Hague has expanded considerably over the years, it has always remained true to its original mandate with a clear commitment to hospitality and a strong connection with the industry. Hotelschool The Hague operates from two locations ( The Hague/Amsterdam), has approx. 2600 students and employs 260 employees. For more information: www.hotelschool.nl
- Reporting to the Board of Directors
- You are responsible for designing and directing the planning and control cycle, being a strategic sparring partner/co-pilot for the Board of Directors and Management. You will be leading a team of financial professionals
- As a new Finance Manager you are both the one with the financial knowledge and the manager who manages the department of 5 people. Within the University of Applied Sciences, your department is the point of contact for all financial matters.
- • You are strong in various areas in terms of content, due to the structure of the Hotelschool the Hague: an educational institute which, as a foundation, also operates its own companies (where students gain practical experience), receives tuition fees and applies for and receives subsidies for education and research. Work location is The Hague, but you are regularly present on the campus in Amsterdam.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the cash flows from various sources are correctly administered including an up to date insight in the current financial position of the University of Applied Sciences.
- You analyze and discuss the financial state of affairs with the Boards (Board of Director and Board of Trustees/Audit Committee), the MT (of which you are a member) and with the various department managers
- Analyze and provide advice and insight into the financial consequences of new (multi) year department plans and budgets, concepts and expenditure, for the different entities, and progress meetings
- Increasing the awareness of those involved about the financial consequences of their actions
- You are responsible for the multi-year department plan and coherence between department plans (including drafting and budget), you lead the broad implementation within the established budget and you are responsible for preparation of audit committees and accountant
- You are strong in various areas in terms of content, due to the structure of the Hotelschool the Hague: an educational institute which, as a foundation, also operates its own companies (where students gain practical experience), receives tuition fees and applies for and receives subsidies for education and research. A combination of various knowledge and personal competences is therefore required:
- Minimum HBO/WO work and thinking level, supplemented with relevant work experience
- Experience in analyzing policy decisions and the financial consequences for the organization
- Experience in advising on the financial consequences of policy decisions. Preferably at Board and MT levels, but certainly at manager level
- You are able to strike the right balance between the Hospitality/feeling of hospitality and acting financially responsible
- Strong analytical and leadership skills