CEO/MD/Country Manager - Residential
Heimstaden Bostad is a leading European residential real-estate company with a vision to enrich and simplify the lives of customers through Friendly Homes. Their mission is to acquire, develop and manage properties and, through a fully integrated value chain, Heimstaden Bostad delivers excellence in life quality for customers and colleagues. Heimstaden was founded in 1998 and became part of the Norwegian Fredensborg AS in 2005. Since then they have grown into a large Northern European organization – with properties in several European countries. In 2018, Heimstaden expanded to the Netherlands also and in the meantime opened offices in Amsterdam (HQ), Rotterdam, Arnhem, Eindhoven and Heerlen.By working from core values, Heimstaden wants to make a positive contribution to the way people interact with each other. That starts with their employees among themselves, but also radiates to society as a whole. In order to replace and strengthen its Dutch organization and to invest in future growth (integrating the company values Care, Dare and Share), Heimstaden is looking for an ambitious Managing Director/Country Manager (m/f).
- Fast growing organization – not only in NL, but as a Group in different countries. Adopt, adapt and improve working in a multi-cultural environment.
- At times unclear governance and structures, you need to create your own and not be offended stressed when information does not flow the “right way”. Autonomous role in which to find your way.
- Low digital maturity with high ambitions. Respect what has been accomplished but prepared to improve and connect
- University graduate, Master Degree/MSc in Business Administration and/or Civil Engineering or similar
- Strong preference for working experience in a (residential) real estate environment (both management and development)
- Relevant membership of (real estate) networks (e.g. ULI/RICS/EPRA/INREV)
- Minimum 10+ years from working in similar roles with personnel responsibility. Relevant background is preferably from within real estate (housing or commercial), hotel/hospitality, energy sector or services
- Solid financial knowledge and skills. Proven successful track record from build-up/change assignments with positive results (increased income/margins, cost cutting etc.)
- Experience from working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment in a multinational setting. Used to navigate in a matrix structure
- Experience from working with high value and high risk projects
- Experience from working in / with international customers
- Skilled in MS Office usage
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Additional languages are meriting